JUNIOR ART DIRECTOR (CONTRACT)
R2 is seeking out a top-shelf Junior Art Director/Graphic Designer for contract work that could evolve rapidly into full-time employment. We are looking for horsepower and uncanny creativity. We need someone who is resourceful and imaginative. A talented ‘go-getter’ to oversee all creative digital and print solutions and initiatives.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. The position also requires experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures, social media, product packaging and more.
This role is a contract position, approximately 20h per week to start with room to grow rapidly into full-time employment. Must be based in the Salt Lake City metro area, work will be remote but must be available for regular in-person meetings.
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review/critique other designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Increase user friendliness in digital products
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Proven work experience as a Graphic Designer Art Director or similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team